- Junior orientations will take place in English classes starting in March.
- Edward R Murrow/Midwood will be having a college fair at MURROW on April 26th.
- There will be a representative from SUNY at Midwood on April 11th, I will get back to you about time.
- University of Buffalo Representative Glen Taplin will be at Midwood/Room 445 on March 7th during 6th period.
- YALE University Rep will be here on March 14th during 6th period in room 445
Many of you have finished applying to colleges but there's still work to be done. Do you know that there are millions of dollars in scholarships ready to be awarded to deserving students like you? Don't miss the deadlines to apply! Look on your Naviance account in the Colleges tab under Scholarships for the full list from our school. Looking for more? Check out the list under the National Scholarships link.
We have implemented a new procedure for requesting fee waivers. You must fill out the fee waiver request form - found on this website under "resources" and in your Naviance document library under "college office forms" - and drop it off to the college office in Rm. 445. Mr. Harper will prepare the fee waivers and email you when they are ready. This is to streamline the process and reduce the wait time in the college office.
FAFSA/TAP reminder - If you have not already done so, please remember to apply for financial aid! Fill out your FAFSA application at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Once you have completed the FAFSA, don't forget to apply for New York State aid (TAP) if you plan to attend a school in NYS. You can access the TAP application using the hyperlink that appears when you complete the FAFSA, or go to www.hesc.ny.gov once your FAFSA is processed. A how-to guide is on the Midwood website if you need help filling out your FAFSA.
Ms. Director & Ms. Gluck