Midwood's Mission Statement
Midwood High School is a comprehensive high school located in the center of Brooklyn.
The school enrolls approximately 4,000 students and is comprised of three main programs: Medical Science, Humanities, and Liberal Arts.
The school boasts an extensive array of programs including, but not limited to:
- Science and Social Science Research,
- 32 Varsity and Junior Varsity Athletic Teams,
- A Peer Mediation/Conflict Resolution Program with approximately 60 student volunteers,
- Theater, arts and performance music,
- Dozens of extra-curricular clubs and activities,
The Faculty and Staff at Midwood High School are dedicated to:
- Promoting a challenging academic atmosphere and encouraging students to achieve their personal best,
- Instilling Midwood's core values of HONESTY, RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY,
- Preparing students to establish goals for the future and develop problem-solving and critical-thinking skills for life-long growth,
- Ensuring a safe, open and nurturing environment for both students and faculty,
- Fostering a community that embraces cultural, academic and intellectual diversity.
The school's instructional focus includes using technology to enhance the educational environment and engage students in the learning process.